Yes, all our homes are conveyed in clean, livable, as-is condition. Some people may choose to make minor cosmetic updates or changes to the homes, but it all depends on your preferences!
Due to the large amounts of inquiries we receive on all the various homes, any questions submitted where the answers can be found on our website will NOT receive a response.
All our homes are on a “first-come, first-serve” basis for the first approved applicant(s) that have the full move-in amount and decide they want the home. We are unable to hold any of our homes until you are approved, have the full move in amount, and complete the paperwork.s. Our Homes are filled on a first come, first serve basis. We require the FULL move in amount upfront.
- Our mission at AVID Management is to help you achieve the American Dream of home ownership! Unlike other lease agreements or traditional rent-to-own’s, our innovative Lease/Option to Homeownership Program grants you specific responsibilities in return for the potential future opportunity of home ownership.
- Each home requires a minimum option fee of $3,900 and a monthly payment amount that varies based on the particular home you select. This $3,900 fee (or more) that you pay gives you the exclusive option (not obligation) to go to the financial institution of your choosing at any time within the next 5 years and obtain permanent financing on your new home. Until this point, you have a year-to-year auto-renewing lease that is very similar to a standard rental lease, with the exception that all responsibilities of the home are yours during this time.
- Our residents tell us they love that they can treat the home as their own and make upgrades to their home at any time within the 5 years, and are happy to take on take on full responsibility for the home for this.
- We want to set people up for success, and we have found the best way to do so is to make the process as similar to traditional home ownership as possible from day 1!
All potential residents must meet or exceed the minimum acceptable criteria. We look at a variety of different factors including income and credit history, but we understand that a number on a piece of paper does not necessarily mean someone is or is not qualified to own their own home. For this reason, we believe that the “story” is far more important than a credit score on a piece of paper.
We do require that your gross monthly income (before taxes) be at least three times the payment amount.
Yes, the final phase of our processing does require a credit check. This is a soft check and will not negatively impact your credit score. We are interested in seeing the credit history more than the actual credit score.
Unfortunately, since all our homes are “minor fixers” our homes do not qualify for the section 8 program.
- A valid form of photo I.D. for each applicant 18 or older.
- The FULL amount needed to move in
- Please refer to the confirmation text message that you should have received for the exact amount.
- Acceptable forms of payment are Cash, certified check, or money order. No other forms of payment can be accepted.
- Money orders and certified checks can be made out to “AVID Management Group”
Any potential residents who are interested in a home must fully complete an application as there are often multiple applicants interested in a home and we offer all our homes on a first come, first serve basis to approved applicants.
After we have reached out to you and notified you of your approval, you will schedule a time to meet us at the home or homes you are interested in. At this meeting, you will take as much or as little time as you need to decide if this is the home for you. Once you decide on your new home, we will complete the paperwork, you will switch utilities, and you will get the lockbox code to move into your new home!
Yes, you only need to submit one application, even if you are interested in multiple homes! It will also be accepted for homes that are not even available yet, and you will be placed on the VIP waiting list and notified of upcoming homes before they even become available!